| Digital Archive

Account:

Search DSpace

Leslie Cheek, Jr. Oral History

Show full item record

Abstract: This interview was conducted as part of the College of William and Mary Oral History Project. Leslie Cheek taught history of art and architecture at William and Mary from 1935 to 1939. During that time he reinstituted the fine arts department at the college, obtained and refurbished the old Taliaferro Hall, and served as department chairman. He was responsible for much of the decorating for the legendary Christmas and June balls in the late 1930s.
Issued Date: 1976-05-11
Subjects: College of William and Mary--History--20th century
College of William and Mary--Faculty and Staff
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10288/5475
Citation: University Archives Oral History Collection, Special Collections Research Center, Earl Gregg Swem Library, College of William and Mary.
Description: The original manuscript transcript of this interview is available in University Archives Oral History Collection in the Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, College of William and Mary.


Files in this item

Files Size Format View
LeslieCheekJr.pdf 1.493Mb PDF Thumbnail

The following license files are associated with this item:

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

  • Oral History Collection
    The University Archives Oral History Collection consists of transcripts and recordings of oral history interviews conducted with College of William and Mary faculty, staff, alumni, and others connected to the College.

Show full item record