| Digital Archive

Account:

Search the Digital Archive

John R.L. Johnson, Jr. Oral History

Show full item record

Abstract: This interview was conducted as part of the College of William and Mary Oral History Project. John Lee Johnson came to William and Mary in 1926 as a transfer student from Radford State Teacher's College. His father, J.R.L. Johnson, had been a student here in the 1890s, joined the English faculty in 1928 and served in that position for about thirty years. His son graduated in 1928, later worked for Earl Gregg Swem in the college library, and went on to Harvard Law School. He served on the alumni society board and as its president, and from 1970 to 1976 was a member of the Board of Visitors.
Issued Date: 1976-08-18
Subjects: College of William and Mary--History--20th century
College of William and Mary--Alumni and alumnae
College of William and Mary. Board of Visitors--1970s
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10288/5481
Citation: University Archives Oral History Collection, Special Collections Research Center, Earl Gregg Swem Library, College of William and Mary.
Description: The original manuscript transcript of this interview is available in University Archives Oral History Collection in the Special Collections Research Center, Swem Library, College of William and Mary.


Files in this item

Files Size Format View
JohnRLJohnsonJr.pdf 871.1Kb PDF View/Open

The following license files are associated with this item:

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

  • Oral History Collection
    The University Archives Oral History Collection consists of transcripts and recordings of oral history interviews conducted with College of William and Mary faculty, staff, alumni, and others connected to the College.

Show full item record